ROTARY CLUB BALI NUSA DUA
District 3400/Club No. 28992
CONRAD BALI RESORT
BULLETIN June 21, 2012
20 Rotarians attended. For details please refer to the List of Attendance.
Please refer to the List of Attendance.
8 Rotarians were absent with an apology. For details please refer to the List of Attendance.
VISITING ROTARIANS & GUESTS
Visiting Rotarians and Rotaract Members
Mary Lance, Susan Bell, Yajaira Smuth, Jasmine Anderson, Sylvia Maengkom, Sylvia Reschke, Sinta Rosarius, Ayu Le Coz, Dewi Aeshlimann, Wiwik Jellard, Ari Fitzgerald, Rick and Ria Wright.
President David Lance
President Dave (above photo, right) welcomed members and guests! He proceeded to address the club and thanked outgoing board members for their efforts over the past year:
- Jo, Treasurer, for caring for funds as his own
- Priti, Secretary, for doing a job harder and more thankless than his own
- Martin S., Sgt. at Arms for fining members to raise funds
- Mimi, International Service Chair, for always volunteering and keeping us informed of what happens at the district level
- Michael, Club Services, for coordinating our weekly lunch meetings and Guest speakers
- Gary, New Generations Chair
- Karl Heinz, Community Service Chair
- Martin A, Vocational Services Chair
Next President Dave discussed fund raising efforts and successes:
- Dave gave a recap of the total amount of funds raised during the year
- Thanks to Bruce for the monumental job in raising funds via the Charity Golf Tournament
- Thanks to Gary for taking over the Rotary Bali Charity Tennis Tournament
- Thanks to PP Ed Naus for his efforts in securing funding for Matching Grant and Global Grant projects
Then President Dave gave a brief overview of the club’s three largest projects:
- Cleft palate and Hare-lip. Jo was thanked for his commitment to the cleft palate program, and also for his work as The Rotary Foundation Chair
- HIV/AIDS. Ari has done a great job managing the clubs many HIV/AIDS projects
- Sawangan waste management. Thanks to Karl Heinz, for spear heading the Sawangan Waste management pilot project with the R.O.L.E. Foundation
Finally President Dave handed the President’s Chain over to President-Elect Risto Posikparta, thanking him for his supporting role in the Sawangan Waste management project and stepping up during President Dave’s absences. PE Risto is well prepared for the coming year and Dave is confident he will enjoy the support of the members to take the club to new heights.
President 2012-2013 Risto Poskiparta
President 2012-2013 Risto (above photo, left) addressed those assembled “Dear fellow Rotarians, it is actually nice to step in with a running start for a new Rotary year, as there is a very sound foundation been built during the past 20 years.
Unfortunately we are loosing some important and active members; Dave as President and Past Community Committee Chair; the always positive Keith as Past Sergeant at Arms and SKAL liaison and Nico an active new member from the next, younger generation. Also, long timer Board member PP Martin Smythe will step down from our Board to enjoy the club for a while as an ‘ordinary’ member. Thanks to Martin a lot for your valuable work for the Rotary Club Bali Nusa Dua and the Balinese community by showing example to others SERVICE ABOVE SELF in your minds.
As Dave has mentioned several times during the past year we are a charity organization and we want to continue that way. For me it means something equal what Winston Churchill once said, “ATTITUDE IS A LITTLE THING THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE”. With a positive attitude our club has the energy and potential to do what we want, while others might only do what they can.
We are looking ahead for a new year having some good projects going on; Cleft Lip, HIV/AIDS, Waste Management, etc. On top of these we still need to find new; SIMPLE, SOUND AND SUSTAINABLE projects for the community. Something for New Generations, Vocational Services and also for Community Services. For example, hydroponic planting in some dry and poor areas for people to make their living. R.O.L.E. Eco Park could be a pilot place by utilizing their educational role in the community, where from the method can be duplicated elsewhere.
Unfortunately, this year we will be loosing several members to career promotions and/or retirement relocation, we have a challenge this year to find new, fresh and active replacements. Our new Board and Committee Chairs will face these challenges to look for new project opportunities, alternative ways for funding and as well as to keep our existing members active.
President 2012-2013 Risto announced the Board and Service Chairs for 2012-2013. Click here for details.
In closing President 2012-2013 Risto urged the members for our 20th anniversary year let’s keep the right ATTITUDE and build SIMPLE, SOUND and SUSTAINABLE services while always KEEPING IN OUR MINDS THE FOUR WAY TEST
- 1. Is it the TRUTH?
- 2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- 3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- 4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?”
to be even stronger in our charity work, when serving the community.”
Master of Ceremonies PP Bruce Jellard handed the microphone to PP Ed Naus for some final words and then closed the meeting.