ROTARY CLUB BALI NUSA DUA
District 3420/Club No. 28992
CONRAD BALI RESORT
BULLETIN September 12, 2013
11 Rotarians attended. For details please refer to the List of Attendance.
Please refer to the List of Attendance.
2 Rotarians were absent with an apology. For details please refer to the List of Attendance.
VISITING ROTARIANS and GUESTS
Visiting Rotarians and Rotaract Members
Agus Kartika and Radit both from Rotaract Club Bali Nusa Dua
SAA Martin Smyth
SAA Martin rang the bell to call the meeting to order.
President Gary Phair
President Gary welcomed and introduced our visiting Rotaractors Agus and Radit
President Gary began the meeting with Good News…
- First, Raffles Golf Members recently held a golf tournament and will donate IDR 60 juta to RCBND for hare-lip and cleft palate operations.
- And speaking of donations, Gary then handed over IDR 9.5 juta as installment number two from the tennis tournament.
- September is New Generations month and today we have a visit and Rotaract update from Agus and Radit. Later Agus and Radit will show the video they made about our Charity Tennis Tournament to be broadcast on YouTube.
- As well the Rotaract Club is very active this year not only with tennis and helping the orphanage in Petang, North Bali, this past week ‘our’ Rotactors took a group of disadvantaged children from neighbouring Bualu to Waterbom Park as part of the Hipp Hipp Program. See photo above…
- PP Risto is still has some tickets for the Mega Raffle (50 tickets and 11 prizes). Tickets are IDR 100,000.- each. See Risto for the list of raffle items and a ticket.
- Gary announced that he attended the Training seminar with Ari where RCBND donated IDR 25 million. Well done with RCBND receiving good promotion with banners etc on display.
- Ian has accepted the Chair of Club Services Committee (the key word is Committee, not just one person so members are encouraged to lend their support to Ian as he takes on this role). Thanks Ian…
- A Board meeting was held prior to today’s luncheon at which it was decided to support Bali Appropriate Technologies in constructing an extension to an existing water distribution system in the village of Ancut (Karangasem). Total cost of the project is IDR 64,700,000.- RCBND’s contribution will be IDR 4,700,000.- Other contributors include the village itself, Habitat for Humanity, RC of Whitefish Montana and BATI.
- As well at the Board meeting it was decided to cancel the 3 October weekly luncheon due to security concerns during the APEC CEO meeting.
President Gary then passed the microphone around the table for comments and updates.
Bipan elaborated on several large events that will keep the Nusa Dua area very, very busy in the coming weeks and months.
- Finals of the Miss World will now be held on Bali.
- APEC. This is not just one meeting, but rather a series including preliminary meetings leading up to it.
- New Tol Road to be inaugurated.
- WTO in December with 10-15,000 delegates (much larger number wise than APEC).
- Bali Democracy Forum.
Ian confirmed he will accept and do his best on Club Services.
PP Risto Poskiparta
Risto asked for ideas and assistance to sell the remaining Raffle tickets. Perhaps the Rotaractors can help?
Susan reminded everyone about tomorrow’s Profession Development Seminar for the Rotaract Club members. The emphasis will be on Spa Management. Please come and offer your support and guidance. Also three new Rotaractors will be inducted that day followed by a Nasi Campur dinner.
PP Jo Rosarius
PP Jo announced a further three cleft palate operations have been paid for but none yet in September. The Global Grant proposal is now in application form but still need a lot of work before it can be presented to RI.
Agus Kartika, President Rotaract Club Bali Nusa Dua
Agus went over an impressive list of activities that members of the club have undertaken this year.
- Attended the Rotaract Leadership Seminar with several other Bali clubs.
- Hosted the Rotaract District Governor’s visit.
- Attended a fellowship night at PDG Kuhn’s daughter’s wedding
- Have raise IDR 6.5 million through various fund raising activities (IDR 3 million from the tennis tournament.
- Produced a six minute video on the RCBND’s Charity Tennis Tournament (shown during the meeting)>
- Continued the Hipp Hipp Children’s program taking seven underprivileged children from nearby Bualu fishing village for breakfast on the beach to learn about turtle conservation efforts then to Waterbom Park for a day of fun. Take another look at the above photo…
Then Agus handed another IDR 6.5 million to President Gary being the proceeds from selling Adidas sport bags and tennis balls during the tennis tournament the week before. Well Done!!
A hard act to follow for SAA Martin…
Tickets for IDR 220,000 were sold. There were two prizes today; one parcel of organic vegetables won by Ian and the last remaining Adidas sport bag won by SAA Martin himself. Past winners (especially Martin) owing prizes are reminded not to forget to make their contributions at forthcoming meetings.
Fines of IDR 40,000 were collected for all and sundry offenses.
With business concluded President Gary thanked one and all for their attendance before declaring the meeting closed at 2.00PM.
19.09.2013 – Fellowship and lunch meeting at RIN 12.30-2.00PM
26.09.2013 – Fellowship and lunch meeting at RIN 12.30-2.00PM
03.10.2013 – No meeting.
06-08.12.2013 – ROTARY INSTITUTE, Taipei, Taiwan Registration Fee:US$180 Spouse: US$ 120
Birthdays in September
Michael Burchett, 03 September
Ari Murti, 26 September
Recurrent data information on next pages
Board of Directors and Service Chairs